Posted by FN Editor | 2 weeks ago | 127 times
As we approach party primary elections, delegates as a matter of importance, must shelve selfish political interests and sentiments in the choice of a party candidate. Their votes should be cast based on quality and competence. They should not trade competence for momentary financial gains and spend the next four years in deepened misery.
Of all the persons who have declared interest to represent Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency, Elder Uba Ina Obasi stands tall in both Experience and Educational qualification.
Legislative duties are not for persons who have mismanaged previous offices occupied, nor are they for individuals with no record of competence or nobility of intentions. Such duties are for seasoned professionals with excellent communication skills to present robust bills which can translate into law. This is what Elder Uba will be offering Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency if he is hired.
Beyond lawmaking, Elder Uba is a selfless leader who continues to dedicate most of his time in community service and humanitarian projects.
Take a peep at his Educational background:
He attended Constitution Crescent Primary School, Aba where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate. He proceeded to Government College, Umuahia and then Federal Government College, Port Harcourt where he obtained the West African School Certificate (GCE O' Level). He attended IMT Enugu, where he got Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Chemical Engineering and later, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) where he secured BEng Chemical Engineering. He proceeded to University of Bradford, and University of Huddersfield, both in England where he acquired MSc Chemical Engineering and MPhil for the design of an air motor valve actuation system for the Oil and Gas Industry respectively. He is also an alumnus of Lagos Business School, acquiring Advanced Management Program certification (AMP 25) and London Business School, acquiring Senior Executive Program (SEP 90).
He is a member of the following professional bodies:
• Affiliate member, Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
• Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
• Member Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE)
• Member, Institute of Directors, Nigeria (IoD)
• Member, Society for Corporate Governance, Nigeria
• National Council member and Treasurer, Rivers/Bayelsa Branch, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)
He has served as a leader in various fields of endeavor such as:
• Ruling Elder Presbyterian Church of Nigeria (2006 till date)
• BOD member, Alcon Nigeria Limited (2009 till date)
• BOT member, Erim-Ena Ezi Enyi (currently)
• BOT member, Ntum Oha Development Initiative (currently)
• Chairman, Constitution Review Committee, Ntum Oha Development Initiative (2018)
• Chairman, Ntum Oha Development Initiative 20th Anniversary Celebration (2019)
He has bagged the following awards amongst others:
• Erinma Age Grade Platinum award (2015)
• Emerging Leaders of Abiriba Enachioken awards as AKPARAWA ENA by The Enachioken-in-Council (2019)
• Model Elder of the Oyigbo Central Parish of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria (2008)
• Award for Excellence (Pillar of Faith) by the South Central Synodical Women's Guild of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria (2010)
• Ambassador of Christ award by the Orlu Parish of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria (2010)
• PYPAN-CWC Award of Honour (2015)
• Woji Parish MCA Father of the Year award of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria (2015)
• Woji Parish of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria Epitome of Kindness award (2016)
• HOPE WADDELL Leadership Award As MCA PATRIARCH of The Prebyterian Church of Nigeria by The MCA-CWC (2021)
• Exemplary Presbyterian award by the Mission Hill Parish, Umuahia of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria (2022)
He served as Session Clerk, Board Chairman and Elder Commissioner of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Woji Parish. He is also a founding/frontline member of Erinma Age Grade of Abiriba that completed and handed over the High Court to the community in 2014, as well as a BOT member of Erim-Ena EziEnyi that recently built and handed over the Doctor's Quarters within the year 2019. He is also a pioneer member of Ntum Oha Development Initiative, an Abiriba pressure group (since 1999) and an active member of ACIU PH.
Elder Uba is a Philanthropist that believes and practices the true Christian virtue of being his brother's keeper. He is married to Elder (Mrs) Comfort Uba Obasi nee Nnana Kalu and they are blessed with Tai and Ina plus other wards under their care and mentorship.
-UbaOha Media Team
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.